- This List is a work in progress! Last update: 10/01/23.
- Equal Exchange’s Citizen-Consumer Dilemma.
- The Business of Botanicals (2021) by Ann Ambrecht
- The New Food Activism: Opposition, Cooperation, and Collective Action (2017) by Alison Alkon and Julie Guthman (anything Julie Guthman is great)
- Lobbying for Change: Find Your Voice to Create a Better Society (2017) by Alberto Alemanno
- Reclaiming the Commons: Biodiversity, Traditional Knowledge, and the Rights of Mother Earth (2020) by Vandana Shiva
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plant (2013) by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Sweetness and Power: The Place of Sugar in Modern History (1975) by Sidney Mintz
- Insatiable Appetite: The United States and the Ecological Degradation of the Tropical World (1938) by Richard P Tucker
Migrant Worker Justice:
- Fresh Fruits, Broken Bodies: Migrant Farmworkers in the United States (2013) by Seth Holmes
- Life on the Other Border: Farmworkers and Food Justice in Vermont (2019) by Teresa Mares
- Caliban & The Witch by Silvia Federici
- The History of the World in 7 Cheap Things (2017) by Raj Patel & Jason Moore
- Weighing In: Obesity, Food Justice, and the Limits of Capitalism (2011) by Julie Guthman
- Discriminating Taste: How Class Anxiety Created the American Food Revolution (2017) by S. Margot Finn